Due to limited server space please adhere to Video Preparation settings to keep file size at a minimum while retaining the best viewing quality.
Video Camera Recommendations
DV format video camera with 4-pin Firewire connection.
Canon VIXIA HFM31-AVCHD Format. (camera supplied by IT Department)
Macintosh or PC
FTP Client Software
Video Editing Software
iMovie (Mac platform - preferred video editing software)
Roxio Creator 2011 (PC platform)
Video Preparation with iMovie
- Connect camera with completed video into camera with Firewire or USB connection.
- Import video into iMovie video editing software.
- Drag Video Clips from Event Library to Project window. (see figure 1)
- Select “Share” from the drop menu, select “Export using Quicktime”
- Title your video in the next window, and select the “OPTIONS” buttons (see figure 2)
- Set the Video Compression to “MPEG-4 Video” (see figure 4)
- Set the Motion to “Automatic” (see figure 4)
- Set the Data Rate to “Automatic” (see figure 4)
- Set the Compressor Quality to “Medium” (see figure 4)
- Your exported video is ready for upload
Video Upload Instructions
- Launch your FTP Client “FileZilla”
- Enter Host name“188.8.131.52”see figure 5
- Enter User name“anonymous”see figure 5
- Enter Password “Your Howard email” see figure 5
- Transfer your Video from your computer to the remote server (see figure 6)
Your Video ready for viewing at: http://husl.law.howard.edu/ftpdata/“your filename”