Fall semester transfer deadline MARCH 15th.
Each academic year a limited number of spaces are available to students seeking to transfer from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA), are in good academic standing, and have at least a 3.0 law school grade point average. A student may transfer a maximum of 30 credit hours toward the Howard law degree.
In evaluating a transfer application, we consider the quality of performance as reflected by the law school transcript.
All students seeking transfer to Howard from another ABA accredited law school must have the dean of their law school send a letter of “good standing” and class rank. A decision will not be made on a students file until all grades have been submitted to HUSL.
Applicants may submit an application online. You may apply on-line at:
Requirements for the Program
- Required Documentation
- Completed, signed, and dated application
- Personal statement
- $60 nonrefundable application fee – check or money order payable to Howard University School of Law
- Current Resume
- Self-addressed, stamped acknowledgment postcards
- Official law school transcript(s) forwarded by the Office of the Registrar
- Copy of LSDAS report (the copy can be obtained from the LSDAS report submitted to your current law school in your application package)
- Letter of good standing and class rank forwarded by the Office of the Dean
Qualifications beyond Completion of Law School to Practice Law in the United States
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.” http://www.ncbex.org/